Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Beginnings and Hazelnut Gremolata

In the last few months I have moved to a different boat that I was on before.  While it is smaller that the boat I was on before I believe that it has more usable space including a completely functional galley.  There are two differences in the galley that I am having to adjust to.  The alcohol stove - need to use a defuser with it - and a icebox instead of a small fridge.  Combining all of this with a goal to not eat out as much this year and well here I am.  I hope that you like my first recipe.



Hazelnut Gremolata

1 cup hazelnuts
1/4 c oil
2 large cloves of garlic
1 bunch of parsley
3 chunks of preserved lemons   
1 t salt

Place the hazelnuts, oil, and salt in a small cuisinart.  Grind until the hazelnuts are in small pieces.  Add the garlic, lemon and parsley.  Grind until it reaches a pesto like texture.  Serve over pasta.  Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Enjoy

p.s. my batch of preserved lemons this year were made with meyer lemons. still amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment