Monday, June 27, 2011

Roasted Pepper Salsa

Since summer is finally starting here I decided to make a salsa for one of my weekly sailings.  We are not anywhere close to tomato season so I went with peppers and corn.  Both of which I can get now without too much compromise on the flavor.  To prepare the peppers I charred them over my little stove.  When the BBQ arrives I will be just throwing them on there.

The rest of the salsa was very easy with just a little bit of chopping and the opening of a can.  I hope that you enjoy this as much as my crew did.  Later in the year I would recommend using fresh corn that you have also grilled. 


Roasted Pepper Salsa

3 poblano chiles
1-2 jalapeno chile
9 baby bell peppers or 3 full sized peppers (any color but green)
1/2 sweet onion, diced small
2 limes, juiced
1 can of corn, drained
2 T chipotle hot sauce
1 t salt

Char the peppers and chiles over a flame.  Place in a bag and allow to steam until cooled.  When cooled peel off the charred skin from the peppers and chiles.  Seed and chop the peppers and chiles.  If you want a spicier salsa you can leave in some of the seeds from the jalapeno.  

Mix the corn, peppers, chiles, and sweet onion together.  Pour the hot sauce and lime juice over the corn and pepper mixture.  Sprinkle with the salt and mix.  Allow to sit for at least 4 hours for best flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment